You’ve probably heard by now that Aberdeen Council have decided to hold no Hogmanay (New Year’s Eve) celebrations in the city. Booooooh. So whilst 150,000 people party for 3 days celebrating Hogmanay in Edinburgh our council won’t light one firework. Go figure!
But do not worry, despite this official party-pooping, the people of Aberdeen will be partying hard this Hogmanay at events and parties across the city..
Below is a list of 8 events happening in Aberdeen this New Year’s Eve. Simply click on the name of the event that appeals to you and you’ll be redirected to the official website where you can get more info and buy tickets.
- ByHookOrByCrook - the Lemon Tree knows how to celebrate Hogmanay, with a night of metal and rock anthems you won’t be going to be early.
- Hogmanay Party At Pittodrie – enjoy a lavish evening of fine cuisine, wonderous wine and delightful dancing down at Pittodrie.
- Hogmanay Ceilidh At The Beach Ballroom – this hugely popular and entertaining event at the Beach Ballroom has brought in many a fun New Year.
- Hogmanay Concert – the Music Hall presents a fabulous evening of traditional Scottish music and dance.
- Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hogmanay Party - indulge in a Hogmanay Gala Dinner in the beautifully decorated Craigiebuckler Ballroom, complete with full evening’s entertainment.
- Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs – enjoy some pre-midnight fun at His Majesty’s panto.
- Chaplin’s Hogmanay – the biggest LGBT party in Aberdeen. Jordan Suckley presents an evening to remember.
- Stonehaven Fireballs – this event in Stonehaven has brought world-wide attention to the town with its spectacular fire displays and friendly atmosphere.
Do you know of any more Hogmanay events happening in Aberdeen this New Year’s Eve? If so, please let me know using the contact form on the left.
Make Hogmanay even more memorable this year by staying in one of Aberdeen’s fine hotels. Click below for all the best deals this New Year’s Eve.